Thursday, May 25, 2006

Weight of Words

L'enchanteur's extensive library has some articles to inspire, and I found one on the weight of words that was interesting to think about, while I was in my serpent room. I still wasn't scared, because no snakes were actually doing anything to me. It was mainly the snakes in my head...hmmm...funny about that.
"EXCUSE ME, WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?"
"NO, NEVER HEARD OF IT"
"DIDN'T YOU KNOW THAT?"
"NO, WE ONLY ACCEPT..."
"WHAT WILL PEOPLE THINK?"
"YOU CAN'T DO THAT!"
"OH...REALLY?"
Single Heavy Words...
DOUBT
FEAR
ANXIETY
REMORSE
CARNAGE
SADLY
REGRETTABLY
UNAVOIDABLY
DUTIFUL
MUST
HAVE TO
UNREST
copyright Monika Roleff 2006.

3 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Blogger Luna said...

All these doubts...where did you find them? You might has slipped into my own mind and borrowed my own insecurities.

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

What a burden. It makes me think of Atlas with the world on his shoulders. He should complain! He wasn't a woman. If he had been a woman he would have really known what burdens and heavy loads were all about.

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Thanks both of you. I am just glad I am conscious of this stuff now, seeing it in black and white sure helps. Anyone else for some heavy words? Heather, I love your comments on Atlas. Very clever indeed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home