Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Talking Mirrors - Images On Water

Black and White Mirror

Mirror of Clouds

Mirror of Emotions

There is a strange land near the House of Serpents,

that Belenus told me to visit. He said he would

watch from a distance, so as not to interfere with

my thoughts there. The land is one where the upside

the world is mirrored in the water, as if it were

mimicking what was real, but yet as I touched the

water in each case, the image wobbled and dispersed,

and then all I could see was my own true

reflection. Belenus said there was no point

worrying about the mirrors, because I was, but just

to see what I thought of them. He is a big

advocate of fact finding, possibly why he is

so well read. He thinks it is up to us to

figure out what is real, like Persephone, he

said, who sorted poppy seeds and dust. "After

all," he said to me, "How can you believe

something just because a person says it? Not

all things are true. Humans are very fond of

false labels and scapegoats." He smiled in a

strange, wise way, that made me feel stupid, so

I went on the mirror walk. Oddly these mirrors

spoke to me as I passed by them. The first one,

the black and white mirror, always said what I

didn't need to hear, which was always the

opposite. The second one, the mirror of clouds,

almost yelled at me repeatedly, "Don't Dream!". The

third one, the mirror of emotions, was populated

by a seagull, up to its knees in water. "You

are far too sensitive," it said. Irritated, I

sat down to think about these

things, that were all false, and of course the images

and the voices then disappeared, but I also felt

foolish. Belenus had made me realise something

I had been doing wrong. I had believed only in

bad publicity being good and true...

copyright Monika Roleff 2006.

4 Comments:

At 5:36 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

What a clever concept Monika. Done it again darling. I just love how unique the responses each are.

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

I am just glad to have it done. This was making me crazy.

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger The Gate Keeper said...

Great images!

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Cheers Lori!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home