Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Mirror

I look in the mirror.

Today has been an exceptionally hard day for me - and I feel I am somehow to blame, have somehow let someone I love down, although logic tells me that it is not so. My head and my heart don't always see the world in the same way.

I look at my reflection.

Every time I think I can fly, my wings are clipped.
Every time I want to sing, someone takes my voice away.
Every time I imagine I have found the personal space in which to write, my mind fills with external noise.

Looking in the mirror I see myself, screaming soundlessly.

When will I find the peace and space I crave so much?

2 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

I do know this feeling well Sara. I suspect that is why I have been nervous about looking in the mirror.

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

I agree, powerful writing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home