Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Down to Business.....

Down to Business...

Ssslyviaaa stretched her head out and her piercing green eyes leveled with mine. "We do hope you feeeeeel at home here. "

"Yes, I do," I stammered. Ssslyviaaa's skin shimmered with with shades of blue, lavender, and scarlet, and her flickering tongue was like polished silver. I have never seen a snake quite like her before. Her voice was deep and soothing. I thought she sounded a bit like a young Lauren Becall.

"Good. SHE is pleased that you have unburdened yourself along the Road and no more is required at the moment."

"She?"

"The Veiled One. You know her as the Gorgon. You will be required to entertain her in a few days."

"I will?" Oh, dear. I have heard of the fearsome Gorgon. I had hoped that I would escape her notice and be free to relax. I was tired of the seemingly endless self-examination. Sssylviaaa seemed to read my mind.

"To entertain her properly, you will need to dig deep within yourself to make a song, or a poem, or a painting that will please her. May I suggest you consult her Mirror. She is very generous and will allow you to peer into it."

"Um, thanks." I had heard about this mirror. It reveals the truth about the user.

"If there is nothing else, I will tend the other guestssssss." Sssilvia slid off the wooden beam and slithered across the floor towards the entrance. She turned and said: "The Mirror is in the Great Hall and is waiting for you." Then she was gone.

I pulled out my writing and drawing materials. I'd better get down to business.

Lori Gloyd (c) May 23, 2006

1 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Ah the self reflection is indeed arduous but it WILL result in you confidently asserting your unique voice and stand proud, defending that voice to the likes of Arvilla.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home