Monday, May 22, 2006

Serpents Everywhere - Great Place

This place is amazing. Everything in the room is styled on snakes,
serpents, of all kinds. I pull the doorhandle, and find it is a small
snake, made out of wrought iron. Grabbing it before I realised, I was
amazed to find it didn't reel back in fright as I would have done years
ago. Mention snakes and women go scattering, and fast. Part way this
is a safety mechanism, which is handy, and works when we need it. But
for now, there are no live snakes, and no danger because of the Protectress,
so I don't worry. The time in the walled garden had made me think a
little differently. Belenus had wasted no time in checking in to a place
that had a stack of clean, fragrant straw -- a small stable outside the
door. He said he had some reading to do, so I said fine, and later when
the darkness fell, I could see his little candle alight at his window.
As for me, I started counting the snakes around the room - serpent on
the carpet, snake on the lampshade, snake patterns on the tiles, even
a snake shaped toothbrush. The Rainbow Serpent Priestess sure does
good decor, and knows how to make folks feel at home. I lie back on
the bed, reading a biography of "Sting" I have just come across...
burning the midnight oil...
copyright Monika Roleff 2006.

2 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

A copy of Sting, lolling amid good decor, Belenus by the door, snakes everywhere, what more could a girl want. This is just delightful Monika.

 
At 3:22 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

You are making me laugh big time! I never realised I would like a snake holiday so much. Who would have thought it? Grin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home