Sunday, May 21, 2006

Luna's arrival

The House of Serpents

The mahogany reception desk is as massive as I remember. The Griffin looks up elegantly without blinking and says, “Yes, The Shinjo. Your room is ready.”

I bow my head, “Thank you.”

She remembers me, the Griffin who asked me to prove who I am. Did I make an impression? Or does she just have a really good memory?

A young girl leads me down the hall. The wide corridors are open like the Greek style with a courtyard full of plants and fountains. Birds sing and flit around happily.

My room is really a suite with a balcony overlooking the wide world. A private suite is the ultimate luxury and I draw a bubble bath and light some candles.

Before going to bed I pull out some parchment to send a letter. Her ravens appear without even asking. They will find her.

Dear Lady Enchantress,

I have arrived safely at The House of Serpents. My room is lovely and the view of the sunset is inspiring. I hope all is well with you. I look forward to chatting with you at the banquet.

Your dear ravens showed up just as I pulled out the parchment. What magic they possess.

Blessings,
Luna

3 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

What good news. It all sounds just perfect for you Luna. Well done darling and rest those weary travelling bones for awhile. Luxuriate in all that this house has to offer.

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger The Gate Keeper said...

Can I borrow some of your bubble bath? I need a good long soak myself. Champagne...yes, I need some of that too..... Oh, Concierge!

 
At 1:16 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Very impressive! Champagne all round? :-}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home