Friday, June 02, 2006

Shedding the Skin of Regret

Everyone has an inner critic, that malady that hangs on our conscience and guides us hither and yon. And most often it takes us in the wrong direction. It becomes a part of our “self”, almost like a second skin, which is why there comes a time when we must let it go.

Before I embark on my journey I must decide to let something go. I must shed my skin of regret, the “should've and could've" of my life. To some degree the years have slightly blurred these times and I have tried being gentler with myself.


So I feel strongly that if I can shed the skin of my past regrets right here and right now, clear the path of obstacles of living in “what I didn’t do” and move on. I feel good about this. And strangely enough optimism blooms and soon I hope to stand tall, and allow the burden that’s been laden on my slender shoulders lift.

Gretchen L. ©


1 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Wow! Did you make the sculpture Gret. That is something else. Fabulous really!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home