Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A Night To Remember

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

When the glorious Phoenix belonging to the Rainbow Serpent Priestess comes to earth it come to do good deeds for people, and her appearance symbolizes the beginning of a new era. In one story involving Sinbad, the roc unknowingly carries Sinbad to safety after a shipwreck and in another the roc carries him to the Valley of Diamonds. Going farther back into Persian antiquity, there is an immortal bird, amrzs, or (in the Minoi-khiradh) slnamurv, which shakes the ripe fruit from the mythical tree that bears the seed of all useful things

In Japanese mythology, after doing its good deed the bird ascends back to heaven to await a new era.

The Phoenix is here and offering to do good deeds for travellers. She will take you for a fantastical night ride and show you the wonders of the world if that is your desire. Or she will sit with you, shake the ripe fruit that bears the seeds of all that is useful and be your muse for the night.

Make sure to take advantage of this most providential arrival.



6 Comments:

At 5:53 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

I know where this image is going! This is absolutely gorgeous, to say the least!

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger The Gate Keeper said...

Hmmmmm..... I must ponder this new creative challenge........

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

No pressure Lois. Each night I make it a practice to sit on the couch with my cup of tea, surrounded by my pencils and materials and I work on a piece. I always do the complete thing in one sitting - no patience to have it go on over two nights. The Phoenix comes after a little girl told me how much she loved the colour in my drawings. So I went berserk and this colourful bird is the outcome.

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger The Gate Keeper said...

Heather: How do you render your images-- colored pencils, pastels, chalk?

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

The images are done with coloured pencils Lori. Then I use a fixative and scan. I 'enhance' and render using Photoshop because the scans never seem to pick up the vibrance of colour on the actual page. I love the finish i can get with photoshop but sometimes it doesn't quite work as I have intended.

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger The Gate Keeper said...

Photoshop is a wonderous and mysterious thing. I love the program when it cooperates with me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home