Friday, June 02, 2006

Flight - Leaving Doubt And Disbelief

On being invited for a flight with the Roc, well, neither I nor Belenus would
refuse. Donkeys can easily balance on the back of a bird like this so we
hopped on. Belenus made sure we wore our glasses and put aside the
anchor we had. "You are always doubting and disbelieving," hissed Belenus
as the bird told us of the wonders of the ages. "You can talk!" I said back, wind
whistling in my hair at such a high altitude. "And keep your voice down! We
don't want to look like fools."

The Roc was telling us we were headed to the Land of Colours, to take tea
with the sea maids and learn some wisdom. I liked the sound of this, and it
wasn't until I got back, that I wrote in my journal and knew it made sense.
It was only then that I could shed the skin of cynicism, the shades of
doubt and disbelief...
Here are some pictures taken, the only ones allowed
from the journey.
It was filled with unusual things, colours,
things we had never seen before,
and everything was tinged with gold.



copyright Monika Roleff 2006.

2 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

What fun having a scuffle between you and Belenusus. Getting a little tense guys?

Now the Land of Colours sounds like my sort of place, especially if your photos are any indication of what it is like there.

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Ha! Yes, we are having a tug-of-war! You would love that land and no doubt already know it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home