Thursday, June 22, 2006

Misery and Affliction


Woe is me. Oh Dear!
This adventure has turned into an ordeal. The 'hand project' took so long we missed the boat.
Finally, after much trial and error, I fashioned a large Jon Boat with outriggers- a caricature that any self-respecting Hawaiian would laugh out of the water.
Then another half-day lost to coaxing, cajoling, persuading my recalcitrant mule-of-a-donkey to climb aboard.
Finally, just this side of my breaking-point it calmly climbed aboard lured by my last sugar-glazed donut perched on the bow. ::sighs::
Now rowing madly to catch the ship. I pray someone will look down in the wake, spot us and throw a line.

4 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger Lorijayne said...

If you will look at the Abbey blog, you will see a picture of the ray who pulled me to the Abbey. I'm sure he'll come and help you!

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger BeetleBug said...

I fear I have been cast away..doomed to bob on these wild seas with the stench of donkey forever in my nostrils.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

The bag Beetle Bug! The bag holds the things you need to reach the Abbey. The Calabar will sail again in a month or so, heading for more adventures.

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Keep going!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home